At SKYE HEALTH, your health and well-being is our top priority.
Skye Health is CLOSED. We will re-open June 2nd, 2020.
We ARE currently available in clinic for Emergency Care Physiotherapy only. Please see details below.
We are SO excited to continue to connect and help you achieve optimal wellness during this uncertain time! For all Non-Emergency Physiotherapy visits we have launched Telehealth Physiotherapy for our clients in London and across Ontario. Please take a look at our Telehealth Information . If you have any questions about Telehealth please email firstname.lastname@example.org or you can book a Free 15 minute Consultation and speak with one of our amazing therapists!
EMERGENCY CARE PHYSIOTHERAPY IN PERSON - FAQ's
To schedule this service please contact email@example.com.
During the COVID-19 pandemic Physiotherapy is considered an Essential Service for in-person treatment to provide Emergency Care only. An "Emergency" case refers to a situation where the risk of not recieving care in person outweighs the risk of transmission of the virus. This is unique to each patient and must be determined by the Physiotherapist. Examples of Emergency cases include following: acute discharge from hospital, severe debilitating neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction, where withdrawing care may result in hospitalization, or when the patient is an essential service provider and must access treatment in order to safely return to work.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus for In-Person Emergency Care treatment.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at SKYE HEALTH include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At SKYE HEALTH, we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wait in the vestibule until they are greeted by their therapist to enter the clinic
- Therapists will work with one client at a time and we ask that family members/others do not come into the clinic.
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer at the vestibule
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At SKYE HEALTH, the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
Your crew @ SKYE HEALTH